MOXY is a software and design studio with a focus on quality and user experience. We are a team of young, skilled and highly motivated professionals capable of turning ideas and concepts into nifty products. Our goal is a balance between an impactful experience, technical excellence and a practical approach when developing solutions and tackling problems.
You, a Back-end Engineer, will be part of a team that moves rapidly, with a spirit of constant innovation and is not afraid to embrace new technologies and challenges. You will be developing highly performant and resilient services, while taking part of the design and architecture process.
- An environment where you are encouraged and expected to go out of your way to improve yourself and bring in that knowledge to the team.
- An environment of top professionals and where knowledge circulates freely.
- An environment that promotes usage of and contribution to Open Source.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours.
- Possibility of working remotely.
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Porto downtown for those who can't live without an office.
- Build scalable, fault tolerant and highly performant services, such as REST APIs or real-time data exchange endpoints.
- Model relational and non-relational data.
- Develop robust, reusable and maintainable code.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the codebase and workflow.
- Work closely with designers and other engineers, contributing with ideas, opinions and solutions to problems and projects.
- Have a solid understanding of the web technology stack.
- Have experience with relational and non-relational databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, CouchDB, Couchbase or similar databases.
- Be ready to collaborate with the business, namely helping with technical writing and other marketing related activities.
- Be disciplined about writing unit and integration tests.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Have used popular frameworks, such as Express.js for NodeJS or Symfony2 for PHP.
- Have used a package manager to manage dependencies, such as NPM for NodeJS or Composer for PHP.
- Feel comfortable with Git.
- Are familiar with Agile methodologies (Scrum).