MOXY is a software and design studio with a focus on quality and user experience. We are a team of young, skilled and highly motivated professionals capable of turning ideas and concepts into nifty products. Our goal is a balance between an impactful experience, technical excellence and a practical approach when developing solutions and tackling problems.
You, a Front-end Engineer, will be part of a team that moves rapidly, with a spirit of constant innovation and is not afraid to embrace new technologies and challenges. You will be building rich and interactive user interfaces for both desktop and mobile, while taking part of the design and architecture process.
- An environment where you are encouraged and expected to go out of your way to improve yourself and bring in that knowledge to the team.
- An environment of top professionals and where knowledge circulates freely.
- An environment that promotes usage of and contribution to Open Source.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours.
- Possibility of working remotely.
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Porto downtown for those who can't live without an office.
- Implement user interfaces using HTML5 and CSS3 that work on both desktop and mobile browsers.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the codebase and workflow.
- Work closely with designers and other engineers, contributing with ideas, opinions and solutions to problems and projects.
- Have a solid understanding of the web technology stack.
- Be disciplined about writing unit and integration tests.
- Be ready to collaborate with the business, namely helping with technical writing and other marketing related activities.
- Be aware of the differences and quirks across browsers in terms of rendering and code compatibility.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Have used some of the newest libraries and tools within the ecosystem, such as React. Redux/Mobx, PostCSS and Webpack.
- Have experience implementing single page apps.
- Have used NPM to manage dependencies and run tasks.
- Feel comfortable with Git.
- Are familiar with Agile methodologies (Scrum).